From: owner-sinclair@quarterman.org
[mailto:owner-sinclair@quarterman.org]On Behalf Of Neil Sinclair
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 1:29 PM
To: sinclair@quarterman.org
Subject: Re: War on Terror

Adding to the above thread; this line of thinking raises a particular
conundrum when war and politics overlap. Indeed was it the Reuters editor
that wanted to drop the word terrorist from the reporting out of the fear
that one mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter?.  But to add one
small candle of clarity to what Sinclair and Bruce have articulated, I sense
the world is about to clomp down heavily on any group that uses civilian
targets for fear and violence. That will have political repercussions all
over but this is my sense of where this war on terror is evolving. Just one
more perspective. I also ask the list whether others agree that the root of
terrorr is not politics so much as total ignorance combined with a degree of
evil that lacks any empathetic caring.

Neil Sinclair Toronto