Re: Ireland, Plantation, Terrorism

At 03:22 03/10/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I joined the list some months ago and have read the various messages each
>day, sometimes fascinated and sometimes in disbelief and despair at the
>topics.  I have not yet felt it appropriate to contribute (some of you
>guys are very learned about your subjects!).  Now I do feel qualified ...
>
>I am 42 now and was brought up in Northern Ireland though I now live in
>London.  I have therefore from the age of eleven "experienced" the
>"Troubles" first hand.  More particularly so as my father was a police
>officer.  I just want to say that Iain Laird's message is so spot
>on.  Yes, we have been engulfed by Terrorism.  For me that is the use of
>force against the democratically expressed wishes of the
>majority.  Ireland will be united one day I expect but it should only come

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]

Your (Derry) branch of the family are thought to be descended from Sir
James Sinclair of Wester Brims in Caithness.
If you would let me have you snail-mail address off-list (you can contact
me on niven@niven.co.uk) I will let you have
the information which I have on the Sinclairs of Holyhill.

Niven Sinclair