Re: Lafayette

I got a translation from a co worker.  He said that the Latin is very formal
and it mean; "the fat lady has sung. Polly wants a biscuit. We are at the
beginning.  May you always use the subjective tense incorrectly"

He says that the last sentence is an old insult used by Cicero.

He said tht if you knew Latin you would know that it is an insult to you.

I showed him your translation he said that must have been done on a
computer.

Sorry to have troubled you. You should leave the Frenchman alone he makes
you look foolish.
Tom