Re: Lafayette

It's Latin Tom, but fairly butchered and incorrect.

>Can anyone tell me what this is ?  Is it Latin?  What does it say?
>
>Obesa Cantavit.

rough translation into English... The fat lady has sung.

>Pulle!
blackish, dark colored, of undyed wool as worn in morning;

>Visne frustum!
Visne is bodily strength; violence...
frustrum... means crumb, morsel, scrap of food.

>In carcaribus denuo adsumus.

In - much the same meaning as English
carcaribus - no such word in Latin... no verb forms, no anything...
denuo - anew, afresh
adsumus - means to be near, arrive, appear, to be in attendance

>Utinam

If only or would that...

>modo

manner, mode, method.

>subiunctivo

this has no dictionary form...  I imagine someone is trying to put it into
the subjunctive - but Latin didn't work that way.

>  semper

always

>male

evil, wicked, ugly - we take the words malefic, maleficent etc...from this
stem.

>utaris!

use, make use of...

Basically the sentence is a load of garbage...  Translated strictly it
comes out as this:

he/she/it has sungfat . blackish ! are you willing of the crumbs! we are
near anew into carcaribus. if only only the always badly you may use!

Amusing attempt at an insult I'd say - only it doesn't work...

Hope that helps!
Margaret