Re: Lafayette a Sinclair?

Dear Sinclair,
     Greatly enjoyed the Arnold-Andre history because I had ancestors there
at the time.  The pension application of my John Coleman says " In the
following year, 1779, in the fore part of March I again enlisted for nine
months in a company of Rangers under Capt. Hausser.  We marched to Fort
Independence and assisted in repairing the Fort.  We remained here about two
months I should think and then went to Orange County to Smiths Cove in the
highlands and took Claudius Smith, his sons and some other noted Tories and
robbers and brought the Smiths to Goshen jail and the others to Polliper
Island....."
     I wonder whether Joshua Hett Smith was related to Claudius?  I have
never been able to find out where Polliper Island was?   Probably the
spelling is incorrect and only written by an Ohio clerk in 1840 the way it
sounded.   How was Andre descended from the Sinclairs?
     I have been interested also in the Shri Lanka St. Clairs.   How do you
suppose they fit into the family tree?   I sent the information on to Ken
Sinclair (Canada I think) who is keeping a data base of St. Clair places
which I link to.
Laurel
=========