Sailing the Seas

I have just returned from a 7 day Caribbean cruise, and although the ship I
was on was far removed from that of Prince Henry, Donald the Sailor, and
other Norse and Scottish seamen ancestors, there is a certain feeling of
solitude watching the waves roll by in the moonlight. A feeling of discovery
when sighting land after many hours or days at sea. A feeling of an explorer
while walking on a trackless beach at sunrise. And a feeling of being wronged
when you see the monuments to Columbus at Haiti and Jamaica. You can rest
assured our dining party was educated on the voyage of our Prince Henry
Sinclair.

Donald Sinclair (Indianapolis)