Re: WILLIAM JOHN SINCLAIR LOST IN THE U.S.A.

Dear Mr. Sinclair,

     A friend recently told me that the U.S. Coast Guard keeps lists of
persons who served in the Merchant Marine.  If you write to them and give
them your relative's name and what years you think he served in the Merchant
Marine, they may be able to send you information about them.  Their address
is:

          United States Coast Guard
          Personnel Command
          2100 2nd Street SW
          Washington, D.C. 20593

   In the United States the U.S. Census was taken every ten years since 1790.
 The National Archives has U.S. Census records from 1790 - 1920 available for
people to look at.  If you would tell me beginning in what year your relative
lived in the United States, I would be glad to telephone them and ask them if
they have him listed.

Sincerely,

Susan M. Grady