Re: genetic testing

This would not be a study of the Sinclair genes.  This information goes
almost anonymously into the data bank.  Yes, we know our Sinclair origins
but some people may have an ancestor marrying into their line of unknown
origins.  This would give the people an idea of where to look for that
persons origins.  It deals usually with ancestry on a general national level
rather than clan or family level.  ----I think.  I haven't look very far
into the subject to say 100%.

Example:  My Zachariah Bowers instead of having English roots (my brick
wall) could have been the s/o Wolfgang Bauer (German).  This would put a
person on the right track at least.  This gets around adopted ancestors
from unknown parentage, etc.

    Many of you count just your Sinclair (male line) once you connect to it,
but there are interesting people in the female line also.  If I would have
stuck to the Colemans only, I would have missed the St. Clairs of my
greatgrandmother.

    The idea of collecting it at Stone Mt. was that there would be a large
group (200 or more) as the rules stipulate.  This could be open to all the
clans there but maybe we as organizers would get first crack???  It is just
another tool for those with brickwalls.  One should read up on just what
kind of information it can supply on which side of the chart and see if it
could be helpful.
Laurel