Braddock/Fort Cumberland

Lynn & Teri,

    From the World Book, Braddock attempted to capture Ft. Duquesne (now
Pittsburgh) but was defeated and killed by the French  & Indians after
being ambushed by them.  I have also discovered that the Fort
Cumberland, where Braddock assembled his troops and  referenced by Lynn,
is in Maryland - the book that I previously referred to is about the
Siege of Fort Cumberland in Nova Scotia.  Thanks Teri for your offer to
look up information on Braddock but the world book covers it nicely.
    Neil