Re: Sinclair Dates

on 04/02/01 07:09, Gary M. Sinclair at sinclair@gis.net wrote:

> John,
>
> The latest bounce message regarding Snow White is a known virus.
>
> Is there a way to find out who has this and is causing it to be sent to the
> list?
>
> When I check source under properties, it gives me this address
> jubilee.ns.sympatico.ca.
>
> I don't know if this is a good address or not.
>
> Gary

Greetings,

I received this meage at least 10 times in the last 4-5 months. NEVER REPLY.
(And of course never open a suspicious file that ends with .exe) If you
reply, it will confirm tour address automaically and resend it again and
again and again. If you open it, chances are it will jam your hard disc and
most likely seize your address book to send the same virus to each one of
your freinds. There is no way to stop it and catch the sender. Really, the
only safe thing to do is NOT TO REPLY, NOT TO OPEN IT. Just throw it away
and once in the deleted file, clean your deleted file as well.

Good luck.

Francine