Re: Nigel Tranter - Attn. Niven

At 08:18 23/11/00 +1300, you wrote:
>Niven
>
>I have thoroughly enjoyed all the Nigel Tranter books which I've read, but
>not having caught them all yet, I wonder if you would give us the titles of
>any which are particularly relevant  to the Sinclairs.
>
>Thank you.
>Judith Sinclair Harper
>New Zealand

Dear Judith,

The five which are relevant to the Sinclairs are the books on the Castles and
Fortified Structures of Scotland and, as the Sinclairs had Castles in every
Region, you would need to get the complete set to cover all the Sinclair
Castles.

I had hoped (when time permitted) to be able to take relevant extracts from his
books (supplemented by additional information from McGibbons and Ross about
the same buildings); add a bit of Sinclair family history and distribute it
to Sinclairs
  worldwide (at cost).

I began this work some years ago but, as my business continues to grow, I have
less and less free time and there is no telling if it will ever get done
because I am
now 77 years of age and, if I ever retire, the retirement is likely to be
of a very short
duration.

In haste,

Niven