Re: Tomar Castle 2

Laurel,
You are well ahead of me in your scholarship about the Crusades. I did know
that they were devastating to large parts of Europe, and that it was a time
of miracle seeking and visions. In desperation  people seek for heavenly
rewards and the Crusades with promises of heaven and treasure must have
seemed wonderful. However I was laughing at my vision of those gentlemen in
the iron underpants walking around Jerusalem. I am sure they were not made
for walking.

Jean