RE: Knight's Move

Some months ago I wrote to William Buehler about a dream I had had.  The dream is not important.
From the dream came ideas, the ideas built on the knowledge I already had, and started to form a pattern regarding CHESS.

I have only recently come to realise how the wonderful game of Chess consists of unseen puzzles, keys, clues and history.
The game was brought back to Europe from the crusades after contact with the Islamic world.  Few Europeans took advantage of Islamic knowledge, but we know the Templars certainly did; riches is in Knowledge! Cartography, Astronomy, Mathematics, Medicines, gardens and more.
William Buehler has revealed the Knight's (Templar) move for our benefit.
The Bishops were originally Ships, plying the seas and tacking with the Winds, winning trade routes, exploration of new lands and Knowledge per Prince Henry.
The Church was quick to modify the game to introduce its authority and relace ships with Bishops, but the diagonal movement no longer makes sense for this piece.
The Rook is styled as a tower or (Magdala) rather than as a castle, an overt clue to Mary Magdalene, same can be seen in the Tarot Cards also introduced with hidden meaning into Europe.
The pawns have not changed, they represent us all, the common man/woman, soldier, peasant, fools; all tools of feudal times.
The Queen has the most power, the Life and bloodlines sustain through her power (Celtic/Jewish/Matriarchial importance), she has all the moves (except the Knights move)!!!!!!
The King has the same moves but to a very limited degree, one move only any direction (except he also cannot perform the Knights move).
The King is restricted because he has his earthly treasures with him that slow him down.  He fears constant danger and is tied to the board with single moves.
If the King goes so too does the Game (or as the King suffers so does the land).
The Knight's move is only performed by the one piece, it is used in play with opposite thinking, the piece can never move in a straight line, ever.
It requires the ability to see around corners or see outside of the normalcy of the general game and of life.
Every other piece must proceed through the game plodding away in straight lines just as we do in life.

Now to the board itself;
Firstly it is identical to a masonic pavement within a Lodge room.
One could consider it holy ground.
Chequered tiles are reminders of the Templar battle flag the Bessant.
The polarity of life; good and evil, life and death.  The stage for us all.

The dimensions 8 tiles in length, 8 tiles in width.
8 times 8 = 64
square root of 64 = 8
Okay, why 8?

The Mosque on the Mount has 8 sides, Islamic Influence
The Templars occupied the Mount to excavate the stables (Horses again?)
Templars had open access to the mosque
The Tower at New Port Rhode Island has 8 arches
The Grail Rosette markings made on Templar Tombs contain 8 branches (William de St Calir - in Rosslyn Chapel)
Sculptures of the Sun, within Rosslyn Chapel acording to Tim Wallace-Murphy, One with 24 rays, the other with 32 rays, (both divisible by 8)
Please look for other 8 sided structures
Great pyramid has 8 angels = mathematical importance, 4 along base, 4 going up the sides.
No direct connection, but interesting

Regards
Bruce

PS.
These ideas are just that and I offer them for your enjoyment.
Please don't take me to task on facts of proof, as its past midnight I crashing out to dream some more.
Hopefully I will dream of Rosslyn.
It made me think of two things:

1.  The emphasis in Freemasonry on perpendiculars and the "angle of a square", etc.

2.  The perpendicular is the direction taken when moving from one dimension to a higher one -- from a point to a line, a line to a plane, a plane to a solid.  Within the lower dimension, the perpendicular extension to the next dimension is seen as a mere point -- exhibiting location perhaps, but no measureable reality.  In our 3-dimensional "physical" world, I picture each human mind as such a point, extending in directions not measureable by wordly gauges.

Loved the reference to the Knight's Move in chess.  I'm not familiar with the horse symbology, though it sounds very intriguing.

Regards,
Michael Petros

The French maintained that Henry's 'coat-of-arms' showed the head of a camel which, on reading the above, would seem
to fit in with his unique position as Head of the Sinclair family which, as heir to the Templar knowledge, mystique and power,
had a strategy which transcended national boundaries.

Six hundred years later, we are beginning to understand the underlying motives, the raison d'etre, for his voyage to the
New World and this will have full discussion in Dr Tim Wallace Murphy's and Marilyn Hopkin's new book on that historic
voyage.  I have been privileged to have a pre-view of some of the Chapters.  It will lay to rest, once and for all, any lingering
doubts which people may still have about the voyage.  It is a authorative tour de force by the authors of  such masterly works
as "Rosslyn" and "Rex Deus".

Niven Sinclair

Niven Sinclair