Hello from a new member!

Thank you for accepting my request to join the Sinclair mailing list.  :o)

In searching my surname of "Snody" (which until just a few generations ago
was spelled "Snoddy"), I learned that  my surname is a sept of the Clan
Sinclair.

My ancestors are Ulster Scots, and from what I have learned my family moved
to northern Ireland from Scotland in about 1650, then to Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania about 1735, then to Virginia, then North Carolina  where I now
live.

My ancestors help settle this part of northwest  North Carolina, and up
until the last fifteen years or so, most of the families in the area were of
Scots-Irish descent.

I am very curious to learn how the surname "Snoddy" is affiliated with the
Clan Sinclair.  Is it through marriage, or was it for protection by the
Sinclairs?

Any information you can share with me will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Snody