Re: Halloween question- Scottish makeup/painted faces

Did women also do this woad painting? My shoes are made like those from the time of the Roman invasion.

Sandie

At Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:31:47 +0000, you wrote:

At 20:33 29/10/00 -0800, you wrote:<br>
the Picts did as seen on Mel Gibson in<br>
Brave Heart.<br>
Laurel<br>
----- Original Message -----<br>
From: &quot;Sandie Hudson&quot; &lt;aceduct@bellsouth.net&gt;<br>
To: &lt;sinclair@matrix.net&gt;<br>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 8:50 AM<br>
Subject: Halloween question- Scottish makeup/painted faces<br>
&gt; I plan to wear my Scottish duds for Halloween. Does anyone have
any<br>
suggestions for what to do for my face?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I want something different with makeup or face paint just because
it's<br>
Haloween. But it would be nice if it was at least a little bit<br>
historically/culturally based.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks for any help,<br>
&gt; Sandie Hudson<br>
&gt; aceduct@bellsouth.net<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
--<br>
&gt; [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list,
sinclair@mids.org<br>
&gt; [ To get off or on the list, see
[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org<br>
[ To get off or on the list, see
But do not think this will be authentic!&nbsp; &quot;Braveheart&quot; is
a lovely film, but woad painting went out with the Roman invasion.&nbsp;
&quot;Braveheart&quot; is just &quot;Lethal Weapon&quot; with loads of
poetic licence and does nothing for Scots History!<br>
Yours aye<br>
will take you to my current ISP<br>
iain@iain-laird.co.uk&nbsp; will take you to my current e-mail
address<br>