Oct. 5th. Mairi Mhor nan Oran.

Hello John S. Q,
                        I was delighted to see you recent reference to Big Mary of the Songs, as some of my paternal records indicate that she wrote several songs about the Macintyres of Skye and the Hebrides, with particular reference to Padruig Mhor of Loch Ainort, Skye, who was my g. g. g. grandfather.
I have been told that much of her work was not published, but as the one on that web site is in print, there must be others available.
Would you have any idea how one could locate more of her songs?
Is anything known about Big Mary, where and when she lived, what was her family name, etc. ??

I am also trying to locate 'The Rev. Sinclair's Gaelic Bards from 1825 to 1875'. These largely referred to the Clearances, and were mentioned in 'Beyond the Hebrides, including the Cape Breton Collection', by Donald A. Fergusson.

Any suggestions from any source would be most welcome.

With thanks,
John McIntyre,