Re: 1396

Dear Friends,

Our reserach indicates that Henry'sfirst voyage to the new world took place
in 1396. He then returned to Orkeny and re-crossed the Atlantic for the
second time in 1397-8 and spent a considerable amount of time in the New
World. Our new evaluation is based on credible evidence (for which you
willhave to waituntil publication day). The new timing of these voyages
allows for a period of considerable exploration in New England and the
building of the Newport Tower, which Pohl's earlier estimate made virtually
impossible.

Best wishes
Tim