From: Iain Laird <Iain.Laird@btinternet.com>
To: <sinclair@matrix.net>
Cc: <sel.rondane@online.no>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 7:58 AM
Subject: In the footsteps of George Sinclair, 1612

We have been well looked after since we arrived in Otta.  Inge Leif and
Eldbjørg Larsen met us at the station and took us round the hotel where
they will take over management on 1st September, the Rondane Spa Hotel.  It
has a website at www.rondane.no or www.spa.no .  They took us on a tour of
the area yesterday, visiting the glacier skiing at Jyvvashytte on
Galdhopingen, the highest mountain in Norway.  We also visited Rakel
Dyrhaug at her new job at the Sel Rondane Tourist Office.  While we were
there, Donald and Mary Sinclair called from their friends house in
Tonsberg, in the south of Norway.  As I write they are driving north, and
they will reach here this afternoon after a 7 hour drive through this
beautiful country.

Today we, with Chris, are to visit with Elsa a secret WWII resistance base,
hidden in the mountains, never discovered by the Germans and preserved as
it was when it was operating.

The main Pillarguri Festival starts this evening at the Kultur Hus where
the Olso Caledonian Pipe Band will play with the Town Band and local
musicians.  We will take photographs to be posted on our website on return.

Yours aye

Iain , Annabel and Sarah in Otta, Sel Kommune, Norway

www.iain.laird.btinternet.co.uk

cc: Rakel Dyrhaug, Manager, Sel Rondane Tourist Office