In the footsteps of George Sinclair, 1612

We have been in Norway for 10 days now and moved to Oslo today to take the
train to Otta.  We took the opportunity to visit the Akershus Fortress
where Alexander Ramsay and other officers were held after the Battle of
Kringen.  We met up there with Chris Maile, the Piper, who will travel to
Otta tomorrow. We think we saw George Sinclair's breast plate!

For details of the Akershus see http://www.fmu.mil.no/

Chris tells us there will be 6 pipers and 3 drummers at Otta this weekend
to celebrate the 1612 battle!

Yours aye

Iain, Annabel & Sarah Laird

www.iain.laird.btinternet.co.uk