Re: Historical perspectives.

I am a quarter of the way through "Rosslyn Guardian of the Secrets of the
Holy Grail" and am finding it both an informative and exciting reading
experience. It is readily available in Chapters.ca and took 2 days shipping.
I assume that Indago and Amazon are other quick sites to obtain it.

Now what I wanted to share with the historical buffs on this list is a
perspective of the author that was put extremely well.  It has two parts.
The first is that we "those enlightened people inhabiting the world today",
view ancient civililizations through our own perspective and paridigms,
hence making it difficult to appreciate how those ancestors of ours saw and
understood their world in their time. Unless we can put aside our own biases
and perceptions for a moment to see facts from a different viewpoint we can
cloud the messages that we see from historical study. How very true. The
second part of this appreciation is the historical teachings and writings
have come down through time based or biased on a political framework of
historical understanding which can cloud historical perspectives based on
socialogical, philosphocal and psychological or other historical
developments such as religion and economics.  It was a good reminder of
bringing clear intelligence to bear in appreciation of history. I encourage
other list members to give this book a read this summer. It makes a valuable
addition to your Sinclair library and one I find hard to put down as a
history buff.
Neil Sinclair
Toronto/PEI/Forever Argyle