Re: Fourth of July

>Of course there were Sinclairs on the South's side.  I hope you won't be
>offended by this.  All were brave men who really believed in their cause.

My Sinclairs were in Georgia at the time (well, except for the ones that
were in Toronto and Thurso).  That war fell between generations for them.
My great-great grandfather, the immigrant, was too old.  All his children
were too young.

However, his daughter's future husband, Thomas Shepard Quarterman,
was wounded in the hand about the age of 17 while defending a dock in
Darien, Georgia.

See also
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/lesterish/index.html

>Laurel