Re: Salt

>I must have been asleep or..... course I have not seen anyone treating
>anybody in any abusive way at all.... not on the list anyhow! So, I
>really wonder what are you all (all=the ones making references to some
>odd and shameless behaviour of some anonymous person whom they all
>appears to know the identity of) talking about? Please fill me in? How
>can you be so sure that this person/persons did make naughty remarks or
>acted abusive? Have you red anything I have not? Or are you just
>commenting upon hearsay? Maybe I am way out of line here but this really
>doesn't make any sense at all to me.

As I noted in a previous posting, much of the alleged activity of
concern took place off the list.  Some of it was real; I saw some of
it.  None of the postings of the most serious nature appear to have
originated with any known named subscriber to this list.  Much else
appears to have been fearful exaggeration.  All of it seems to have
stopped, which is the important point.

Various parties have unsubscribed and do not wish to be enticed to
resubscribe; that is their privilege, and no-one can make that decision
for them.

Can we let the matter rest.

After extensive consultation with numerous parties, I will shortly be
posting some expanded guidelines related to the list that may help
prevent this sort of problem in the future.

If anyone feels miffed because they were not among those consulted,
please don't be.  There are simply only so many hours in a day.
Anyone who wants to make further suggestions is welcome to do so.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@matrix.net>