"The Heroes of St Valery" - 51st Highland Division at St Valéry-en-Caux

Following earlier postings, I have found further information and have posted
it all in one page on our website.  There is a hyperlink from the frontpage.
 One of the veterans of St Valery, Colonel Sir Robert 'Raas' Macrae, a Seaforth
Highlander, had a major part in restoring St Magnus Cathedral in Orkney, linked
to Fjaere, described in John Sinclair Quarterman's website, and not far from
Arendal in Southern Norway where I am for a few days. There is amazing synchronicity
all around us.

This relates in part to the question of how the Second World War was won.  Britain
stood alone in 1940, but our allies from the occupied Nations flocked to our
shores.  Norwegians, French, Poles, Dutch, Belgians, Czechs to name but a few
joined the ranks of the British Services.  But we would not have won without
the enormous effort and sacrifice of our US and Canadian cousins who came far
from home for a second time in the 20th Century to fight and many to die for
our freedom.  Lest we forget.

Yours aye

Iain Laird

www.iain.laird.btinternet.co.uk