Laura Zola

Because of the excellent weather we have been having, Laura arrived in
Orkney earlier
today (Tuesday 20th June, 2000) on  her yacht the "Seven Roses".

As she hadn't planned to be there until Thursday 22nd and, as we made our
arrangements
accordingly, we will not be meeting her until then.  The official reception
will be on Friday
23rd June when our Chief, the Earl of Caithness, will be there to welcome
her on behalf of the Clan Sinclair.  He will be attended by myself, my
nephew and his wife, Dr Tim Wallace-
Murphy and Marilyn Hopkins who all met Laura in Venice last year when we
inspected
the "Seven Roses" before the start of her momentous voyage.    The Italian
Navy even
gave her an escort out to the open sea which, alas, is more than we can
expect from the
Royal Navy.  Nevertheless, Laura can be assured of a warm welcome from
Orcadians
who know the perils of the sea and admire someone who has such a grasp of
navigation
and the courage to take a small yacht across the Atlantic Ocean.

Our Laura is made of sterling stuff.   We will make sure that she (and her
dogs) won't go
hungry during the remainder of her voyage to Shetland, the Faeroes,
Iceland, Greenland,
Newfoundland and to Nova Scotia where I know she will be given a warm
welcome when
she sails into Halifax and/or Guysborough by Clan Sinclair (Canada).

Niven Sinclair