Re: Friction

Dear John:
That you have accomplished so much for all of us is not in doubt.
That someone feels upset enough with another member of the list to send
(anonymous? or untraceable?) messages is not a happy outcome.
My first instinct is to find out the details but I realize that may not be
possible so I will revert to the workings of my poor brain.
I suspect that whoever is sending "hidden threats" feels slighted by  the
'victim' in the present matter and has, foolishly, up the ante.
I quite agree with your image of people meeting in your living room and then
going outside to fight only to expect to return and carry on normally in
spite of this undercurrent of ill will is not a Good Thing.
But a summary execution (excommunication actually) without a warning is not
my nature although I will bow to the majority vote here if they vote
otherwise.
My inclination is to say that, because I do not know what provoked the
original 'threat' and that therefore there may be an earlier agenda that
none of us is particularly aware of, that both involved may to a certain
extent be "at fault"  and that warnings in front of sanctions are always
best  that therefore, that I therefore would adopt Iain Lairds solution of
yellow-carding the offenders saying:
" you have been found out and found lacking --- go and sin no more and if
you do, yer outta here!"

Ultimately John, it is your undertaking that has made this such an exciting
enterprise to which to belong. I would not like to see this fact conflated
with bad behaviour of others.  Your comfort level is critical - thank you
for asking us --- but it is your decision.
Yours Aye,
The rambling fool
Rory in Toronto.