Sinclair Dates

   [1]Sinclair Dates:  June 16.
   In 1487: Battle of Stoke,
   In 632: Era of Yezdegird III, Persian.
   [2]Tomorrow:  June 18.
   In 1815: B. Waterloo ends,
   [3]Napoleon defeated Defeated at Waterloo in 1815 in, as the 1st Duke
   of Wellington (The Irish born Arthur Wellesley) described Waterloo as
   "a close run thing". After the battle he wrote

     "Nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle
     won". -Wellington Despatch, 1815.

   Through his reign, Napoleon I remained a military genius.

     "It is very true that I have said that I considered Napoleon's
     presence in the field equal to forty thousand men in the balance."
     -Mem. by the 1st Duke of Wellington, 1 Sept. 18, 1836.

   -[4]<Privateers@Privateers.org>
   In 1812: War of 1812, The first skirmish of the War of 1812.
   In 1636: John Sinclair of Longformacus,
   [5]Created Baronet of Nova Scotia.