RE: Flight of stairs?

Dear Rory,

Thankyou for your reply and providing insights from your first hand
experiences.  Much appreciated.
I don't mean to stir up a hornets nest with rumour and speculation.  I do
like to pursue all the loose ends whith details on Rosslyn.
But I would like to provide you with the source of my enquiry.  I found the
item again after some searching.
I am not familiar with the source, can anyone explain?  From your reply it
seems they have got their information quite wrong.
QUOTE
Mystery Steps near Keep at Rosslyn Castle from Article: A Sinclair Movie:
Fall 1990 Yours Aye

A newly rediscovered stone, in Rosslyn Chapel reflects that William was
Master of the Priory of Knights Templar of Scotland.  Recently, rains have
opened a fissure in the vicinity of the Great Keep of Rosslyn Castle.  The
fissure has revealed stone steps descending underground.  They do not seem
to be worn.  Cousin Niven is working with excavators to investigate these
stairs.  They do not appear on any plans of the castle.  "Templar treasure
or English Bones," only the future will reveal this.
END QUOTE

Regards
Bruce Carlyon