RE: Flight of stairs?

Dear All,
Recently, I read an old posting that described rain as having opened a
fissure at the base of the Keep at Rosslyn.
Further, it described that a set of stairs could be seen in it that appeared
not have been very worn by use.
It concluded that Niven would be getting excavators to further investigate
the matter.

Can anyone advise me of what has transpired and been dicovered from these
investigations?

Yours fraternally
Bruce Carlyon