Re: sacred geometry of the world's longest peaceful national border

>Well my fine historians, you might be aware that Canada and the United
>States have never been at war. The conflict you spoke of occured between the
>forces of Great Brotian and the United States of America with Canada
>obtaining nation status much later on July 1, 1867. Canadians (British
>Subjects) did not feature politically or even militarily very much. There
>was a volunteer militia on both sides but the regulars performed most of the
>battles with a great deal of indian use and abuse along the way. In fact
>militia on both sides refused to cross the border out of their own state of
>colony (Upper and lower Canada). Like many wars this one was sat out and not
>terribly popular in the great population of either country. Next time you
>are up John you might like to check out the battle sites with Gretchen and
>us clansmen up here. So sheath thy swords gentlemen and for the good of
>Queen and Country take good care. Neil

Indeed, Neil, you are correct.

However, I must take exception to your only slight mention of those
fine British allies, the Indians, perhaps most notably Tecumseh, who
did as much as anyone else and more than most; he might have kept
Wm. Henry Harrison out of Canada, if it hadn't been for Henry Procter.
Tecumseh led the largest Indian confederation since Blue Jacket, Little
Turtle, and Buckongahelas led many of the same tribes in defeating
Major General Arthur St. Clair at the Wabash on 4 November 1791; see
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/battleofwabash.html

Sure, let's go on a tour next time we're in the area.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@matrix.net>