Re: genetic genealogy

Giving the quiz the once over and realizing how difficult it would be to
trace families who were prolific breeders, I gave thanks that my ancestors
usually had no more than 3 children per family unit. THEN, I started thinking
if each of those 3 had 3. . . . Well, you know where it goes from there.

It's no wonder world population has become a "problem." I wish I could
remember the name of the speaker, but I can't; anyway, this man said that if
we limited each couple to 2 children, we would eventually dwindle back to the
1970s population which, according to him, was just right for the disbursement
of natural resources without a shortage.

It will never happen. There are too many religions that support large
families: "Be fruitful and multiply." It's too bad the ancient
lawmakers/priests didn't give this more thought. Alas, I too am guilty of
adding to the "problem." I had 3 of the little darlings myself. Does my dog
count? Make that 4. She's as much a part of the family as the children. But
she's spayed. And before you start, no, I'm not advocating neutering humans.
Although, when it comes to habitual criminals. . . . Ah, nevermind.

Johnnye St. Clair-Gerhardt