Re: P.S. KC St. Clairs--Madison St. Clair?

At 12:44 20/04/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Nevin,
>Just returned to find the package you sent me about the Pigeon Bay
>Sinclairs--thank you so much!!
>
>In following the discussion about Kansas City St. Clairs, I am wondering if
>the book might have something about the Madison St. Clair family.   He was
>the president of St. Clair Loan and Trust Company in Kansas City.
>
>Anyone know anything about Madison or the St Clair Loan and Trust?
>
>Thank you again,
>Chris

The Only Sinclair with a Madison in his name, is a James Madison Sinclair
who was a farmer and ship's carpenter who was born in Union, Me and lived
in Camden until he moved to South Hope.  After working for several years in
the ship yards at Rocklands, he purchased a farm in Rocklands which he worked
for 25 years.

He was the son of George Washington Sinclair(b.1806) and, in turn, had a
son called
Thomas Jefferson Sinclair (b. 1840)

I do not find the name Madison re-appearing in this branch of the family
who didn't
hail from Kansas anyway.

I'll keep looking and, if I come across a Madison Sinclair elsewhere, I'll
get back to
you.

Niven