Re: I'm new on list

At 15:16 12/04/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello all, I'm Kenneth DeBusk, in Michigan, USA. I know of no Sinclair
>ancestry, and my mother has traced most of the family back to the
>1630's, with no known Scots influence. My interest in this list is that
>I am a Mason, and am willing to wade through everything posted here for
>those nuggets that may be posted. Some of them have been forwarded to
>our MI-Masons list on occasion by a fellow Mason who is on your list.
>If I can be of service to anyone due to my physical location in the
>midwestern US, let me know. Thanks for letting me join the list, and I
>hope to learn a lot. Ken

Kenneth de Busk

The name deBusk is interesting.  It seems, like the Sinclairs, to
have originated in Norway as Bus(c)k and acquired the de prefix
when the Norse occupied Normandy (North-mans-land)

As for Masonic information, there is so much that it would drown
this Discussion List if we attempted to embark along this particular
avenue.  There are Masonic marks in the Temples of India, the
Mosques of Arabia, the Cathedrals of Europe, the Capitol of the United
States and, of course, in Rosslyn Chapel.  The brotherhood is almost
as old as time and is imperfectly understood - particularly by practising
Masons who go through the rituals without comprehending the source
or purpose of such traditional ceremonies.

A visit (and a prolonged stay) at the Niven Sinclair Library and Study
Centre at Noss Head in Caithness will become an essential part of the
education of  those who wish to seek the true purpose and value of
the Masonic movement which, today, is in open conflict with the current
curse of 'political correctness, which is trying to alienate the brotherhood
from the Police, the Army and Government Departments.

The craven acquiescence of politicians to this further erosion of individual
liberty is a peril which we cannot afford to ignore.

Niven Sinclair

Niven Sinclair