Re: A White Lady

At 01:07 06/04/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 4/4/2000 4:17:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>niven@niven.co.uk writes:
>
><< Rosslyn has here own "white lady" who is asleep with her great treasure
>amounting to some millions buried in one the Castle vaults. >>
>
>Niven - I am wondering if this is the same "white lady" that is seen by the
>children that visit Rosslyn Castle. When Mary and I stayed there, the
>register stated many stories about seeing the "white lady" and they were
>always signed by youngsters.
>Gary Sinclair in Concord

     Yes, it is the children who invariably 'see' the White Lady and,
separately,
      the monk.  They tug their mothers' skirt and say: "What is that monk
doing
      over there, Mummy".  Of course, the mothers see nothing and say:
"Don't be
      silly ,darling, there is nothing there".

      The knight on a black charger is different.  He has been 'seen' at
various
      times between the Chapel and the Castle by adults i.e. by adults who
are not
      given to romanticising; who do not know of the story; who can
scarcely believe
      their senses; and who are somewhat hesitant in talking about their
experience
      for fear of being ridiculed.

      I have been aware of 'presences' on numerous occasions (but nothing
visual) both
      in the Castle and at the Chapel - mainly in the lower crypt.

       Niven Sinclair