A White Lady

White ladies are always cropping up in legends and, of course, Rosslyn has here own
"white lady" who is asleep with her great treasure amounting to some millions buried
in one the Castle vaults.

A knight, named Wilson, is predicted to be able to break the charm, awaken the lady,
claim her as a bride with all her fabulous wealth.

Elsewhere*, we are given a slightly different story which says that she must be awakened
by the sound of a trumpet which must be heard in one of the lower apartments before she
makes her appearance to point to the spot where the treasure lies.

* Slezer in his Theatrum Scotia (1693)

I wonder if I should change my name to Wilson?  No! Not for all the treasure in the World.

Niven Sinclair