Re: Leif Erikssons Viking ship

At 11:48 29/02/00 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

We tried to do the same for Prince Henry but, apart from great interest,
the necessary cash
(after my initial contribution of £10,000) did not materialise.

Bristol sent a replica of the Cabot ship last year (although there is no
proof that he ever landed in the New World).
Five years earlier three Viking ships left Bergen.   I filmed them arriving
in Halifax, Nova Scotia.  They were
escorted by a lot of local yachts so, in the film, it looks as if a great
armada was arriving.  I use this to good effect
in my film on Prince Henry's voyage.

Niven Sinclair