From: sinclair-digest <owner-sinclair-digest@mids.org>
To: <sinclair-digest@mids.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2000 12:45 AM
Subject: sinclair-digest V1 #206

> sinclair-digest       Friday, December 31 1999       Volume 01 : Number
206

> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 03:29:13 EST
> From: INSLaird@cs.com
> Subject: Taylor's Traditional Tunebook
>
> Dear David
>
> Thanks for your visit and kind words! I have provided a link to Taylor's
> Traditional Tunebook  from my site - if you click on the name it should
take
> you straight there  to http://www.contemplator.com/tunebook/scotmidi.htm -
it
> is a wonderful site with many pipe and folk tunes and many with the
words -
> well worth a visit!
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Yours aye
>
> Iain
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:24:40 EST
> From: CMelahn@aol.com
> Subject: TIME Magazine--Man of the 11th Century
>
> The December 31 issue of TIME features a "Man of Each Century" for the
last
> millennium.  The honors for the 11th Century?  . . . .our own William the
> Conqueror, with 3 pages, including full-page picture and accompanying
story.

> Other than the failure to mention the St. Clair link, any comments from
our
> resident experts regarding accuracy in this piece?
>
> Happy New Year to all,
> Chris Melahn
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 07:23:37 -0500
> From: "Brad Sinclair Barker" <sinclaire@mindspring.com>
> Subject: Re: Newport Tower
>
> John Q.:
>
> Thanks for the Newport Tower work.  It will be helpful to many and perhaps
> our friends in Italy.
>
> Brad

wishes,</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>David
> and Donna Sinclair-Sherratt</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
> &nbsp;
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>
> - --------------2EAEFBEC76142CC1DD50843F--

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:49:41 EST
> From: MSiperek@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Happy New Year
>
> To All:
>     A very Happy New Year to all!  I also enjoy reading many informative
> e-mails relative to our clan.  I often think how proud and amazed our
> ancestors would be to see how we have managed to maintain our ties and
shake
> the family trees with all our research.  Although we are scattered far and
> wide we all hold true to our clan.
>                                                      Sincerely,
>                                                             Marilyn
>                                                              Orkney/
Western
> New York

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 14:00:42 EST
> From: DSinc39156@aol.com
> Subject: Hogmany
>
> I raise a dram to all of my cousins, ancestors, and Girnigoe. Well, I
guess
> that's three drams! I'm honored to be a part of this family. From those of
> you I've met (Letita Mumford, Brad Sinclair Barker, Jim Sinclair of
> Birmingham, Laurel of Portland) to those of you I hope to meet someday.
> Donald Sinclair (Indianapolis)
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:39:51 -0600
> From: "Ken W Sinclair" <kensin66@sk.sympatico.ca>
> Subject: Y2K

> - ------=_NextPart_000_0063_01BF5394.83966500
>

> - ------=_NextPart_001_0064_01BF5394.83966500
>
> Happy New Year, all of you Brothers, Sisters, and Cousins.
>
> Yours Aye
>
> Ken W.S./Canada
>
>    =20
>
> - ------=_NextPart_001_0064_01BF5394.83966500

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
> http-equiv=3DContent-Type><BASE=20
> href=3Dfile://C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\Stationery\>
> <STYLE>BODY {
> BACKGROUND-POSITION: center top; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; COLOR: =
> #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; =
> MARGIN-TOP: 35px
> }
> </STYLE>
>
> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
> <BODY background=3Dcid:006201bf53c6$ce2933e0$1e04020a@sk.sympatico.ca=20
> bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> <DIV>Happy New Year,&nbsp;all of you Brothers, Sisters, and =
> Cousins.</DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV>Yours Aye</DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV>Ken W.S./Canada</DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
> - ------=_NextPart_001_0064_01BF5394.83966500--
>
> - ------=_NextPart_000_0063_01BF5394.83966500

R0lGODlhSwAaAOU/AAICAgKOAgJKAoSEhMLCwgICfiIiIkNDQ+Tk5GJiYnJzc9LS0gICUqWlpTU1

NQIaAsrLyyopKQICuvn7+2lqaXp7e87KzJSUlFRUVNvb27S0tAsLC3Z1dhQUFP7+/gICGgLeAgK+

AgJyAgL2AgICtgIC2ouLi0tLTOvr66urqz09PZubm1xcXLy8vBsbGwICeiYqKC4uLgIC1gIClgIC

7mpmaiYmJzIqLm5ubrq2uhoWFpKOjmZmZtbW1s7OzQAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh+QQE

AQD/ACwAAAAASwAaAAAG/0CALWKDEYfEpA3JVCafw6UzqmQWIzBm9lgsZmMdoWcyJk/OZI8azTaX

z+U4W/1G0+/4PP4inFggPoAQFj6BgYSFiIaChYAEEI+QEIyBk5aTHDwUmjUUnRSeoJugnSwpJhsw

E4WGiICslH+Ni7SMtoKDPhYLAL2+AB8MwgwCv78VFxs2q7m6r4N/hLG6lbXWz60+vL8PwiIiLzMz

LwHGAMiphT0VLsYUGgAHCz2FC9qv2gv6PXwsGfr5tBFwsEFDD3v2uAlgAC4ACRIhIpY7lsyGhQw5

DAC44aCjgxUpVAw4eNDeQR896CHsgQMABwQItaUkwIIFhJQnfT14IKKAuP+HECGGmNgLXQQIGfio

QMAUwUETGDTswEABw4kTLBoktXr1RIsTGxqs6HoCAwcfKTBcWEGVxQEevXYKePHioQQZMkCEAKGX

qFEfGSgAUJFiBUh6DgCE7LVhQy8eLXQw3uAihQsDBBJs6BCml4YKAHCwYAzgBLBg4YDiBSGDhmu+

IYpWBKxg8uYLBDrEaOFiww4NGg6cGxBPQ4oULVIAcJChxYULDUx02NACAwATiSsYb3GaQbgZJGSU

kDECxIjz5WOfS3Z0AYEBPDTZAKAAHoYUyhZkyKBiwwq4AzjVAwLEQaYCZw4M4IIDEETQwQUudEBA

Bgd9EAwDPj2EF3nojUD/Q3kkrKdMIRkwhQICpq1AXAU7lDYTZxqoAIAGFPaQwWgXCOaAWS0lwJ0D

O2zggD2DWIhhXSSMl1eH6IEQolELpIDDlArw0JsGOMKlwH4rLKdBOwlUwMEAA/knHAsDDJDYDl1i

AJo/1BjpHXh4fcjkeayJaEMPcBljgAYGdNAAWCkggEKLLJTpiwEpLEGTY75IOMAGA7Q0QAaEWPDB

AwulpqR5TPL1ZEULNDCACTtc0FIMDQCwWwUJrBWdCRr4MEACNbFwgQUVUGBqAhw8V+UKsJqAaguw

bCrAXOAl2RqoTcow6gYRLKBABA2ggEKXLLQYVQwRNtbBSAe4EKELEbRg/0KgnLkQAwEXGBBhBxH6

s4AgmnLKrAQatuZakyVMa4MPieEglnC9ukQADgloEgMACbTaAQu4VtAoABiI5lgDiVEVn672WIAI

MJyK4FB4G7pmp5OyUatBZ764EBwAK7SQSQIr1LYDBwDwgMB+CHT5EcOUKbdBAjhQoEAKPcgiDckC

mNwsXiWozBfLenbpQnwJ+ApBhDNvxoN1KZh2gVP61aYAC+JiAMEJvTUGQAQE0CONBb0o+4JPU28Y

Agkz+GIUzwn8DHSrDjSwgQFsNiAvoP5B0AIBPpjGQQM77ECrDxpckCrPNrRAzzM6dfMd4Bo+FLjg

FQl3aSMZgIZBlxvEENiDRgdwB8BlBjgwcwcR2H4ATTbYfjvGo+tCCDfC0CWOOPyuzjq1JxDWwyQo

VRDDDgScwIUNZyXgwBI2HACBmke4gEH35A8R1fWG6GLMhXQ5P445Rk2A/SzYP2PLIv2bhdNoQQtp

9MAc3RkGAvXkgXmQ5IEOxEkEcULBlEzQgin5301wMgAFcIADHgzhB0EIQg+S8B0t0oGKjMXCFprg

VKcyVgxbCEMWxnCGLqShsQzDwx768IcruAAHINUYxxgRAEYsYhLltkQmKpGJSIxiE5H4xCpasYgA

CAIAIfkEAQEAPwAsNAADABQAFAAABr3An1AIAHwYjBeyOGwSHwLRK/CazQIBgPMHeDwYgumMRA6F

sNqhNyqykkkyEMgcGHah7bdsLweRQlp3YVVjezQyIzSJfkUPR4RwhoojiyBGR0ljkTI0k5RyIR9f

mWSSlKcjfh+YVW+dnqihR1GanJyon7JsAYWcnYmKcjKruwGbr69zJJdRWAEhkshzRcQiIs/Qe4Zx

jFzVWHraMmZpP8RRkKVlM+XMSa1W8S/ldo5IL/hW8/RNRQyPSpg0CQIAIfkEAQEAPwAsNQADABMA

FAAABpjAn3BIfBGPR8bvFUAeP0Lm7Df9kZzQaKBJDEWPImbIO5TJfmdhVsC1omm0Hw0k834EAtHw

ipbPQUQCQ1VyQnBCI2p4QjNpZ4ddQnpCZ2lwcUKAWmRXcZdIDC9GY5SGhnFeDEo/Y16YRDIgZKFC

XiC3R2lCoU1NIZqYMiRkP6pGrKREJHxDqj9bZWjCTgwiIm1OT9nbQ1ncQQAh+QQBAQA/ACw2AAMA

EQAUAAAGi8CfcChkMIjIoUAkDPxmyd9n+RKShqTr8CNkhkJWkkz2c3KX0MBX+5OBij9mwEkmymhv

blkdpdGKIkxWbUR/gGFXhj9+ilVWZHVCfj8jPwwvUG2Rkn80H0czUF+KdkKYTj8gqkmRmEJgqZVD

dZeZPyGqb1hEoahfUUOYIWohV1lRl3vASYLLSEdHUUEAIfkEAQEAPwAsNgADABIAFAAABo3An3Ao

fBmJyCHj9WMGmsmhIPB8Dq1EBpEUCslkpHBWSyUJZUSw8KMV/bohJO0ns2qHIdBvTqTFmy9UdHty

fD9af1FChndde3qFSDNDkH1gS0MkXyAjnX1mTD9haD+dnoRmW6lCnCN7ZlqhYSSVIHqkPx+HQqO2

tlG6QjMzZo6KQy+TIbPHQmSTzUihUUEAIfkEAQEAPwAsNwADABEAFAAABoHAn3AoZBCPv89jGJgh

iQyRMBAiOokf45T0q8qEL2K4+wOZnz+GMyA8D7/c32sWYpdBR9nXSA/hv0iAPzN9aD80ckIkJGaI

T3FCgI4jI0SCkDSTlT97RCR6Mng/lJuBepRtomlCV3pEqmCermWGQ4tdVUcfVnRNtWEvL3a1uwxa

SEEAIfkEAQEAPwAsNgADABIAFAAABn/An3AoZIgYxOTvgUT+ArOAkugchoYz5eslDF1/IZDsqZyR

ukIQaCqcfdMjIW1qBgtHcXmZJAvl80NngSRna0oyZ1U/MjJqgEKMP1w/gkk0eGyWNHOYmXJzaW9s

m0RXH5JClT+bYz+GP01JZ4xenkSRIZOZJDNRtlVRWZ5OuklBACH5BAEBAD8ALDYAAwASABQAAAaB

wJ9Q+Bj+XsakUHD8zWaBmXIqDJBCoaaRwXCSklmt8psEKV/IGUk2BJmVXeFaaB4J2ULkjyyjjUY0

Uy8iQ2xsdoJGXzSMf4hTi0OBjSBkQlJTjD8gWXp3P5qggUJhcUajjKM/XaZKNDJsYR9in3cyYUVU

bHNUQySYUL1KM57CxUlBACH5BAEBAD8ALDYAAwASABQAAAZrwJ9Q+Bn+RMakkfELBJrK30P4QgpD

IRIpFB3OSEPZj9sVkmTka1ko/o3coLJYRhuO3usfrY5PvpJ1dW5CglFte3wgaUYybUZ1i4xKhYaA

lHlsmEmOTEpgRp9FnYyfWk9LRl9aPzNWmq+jSkEAIfkEAQEAPwAsNAADABQAEgAABmrAn3D4exAF

xKTy9Zs1fwFlkvFyRn+hEDRp/DGFM5IMC8JKpbKxsKxkKGW030ioTX6J8PiPTXSffzQjc1NvRHF8

Qn5DNHqGan9naV2QSY8/ipBpdpRCJEIPH16cP55DoaNERqeQTkpIf3dBACH5BAEBAD8ALDQAAwAU

ABQAAAZqwJ9wSHz9GMRkUiR8zQI/o1L4EIgCgVlomqwyoESZbDv9cH9iIfn3eJx/NJoQtB5KlfER

6D2N//Z8eDJsTYFDg0JIhj8kZotCNCRCH3dvcpIPSIqWRAJHgZJDVY9DH25viGVcoWebpJN8QQAh

+QQBAQA/ACw0AAMAFAAUAAAGbsCfcPj7CBkvonI5nP2cASYz4BxGpaLkj7Tlcn9X4eMhkAplIear

uv3RhrL38NEUfuVCGi1NNy5lTGiBeWZ+RICAZlIkelKJhj+JeGYiRF+JTB9GWoeFdGaYS2R/imJl

lqVCp3YzrWxSm6lmnEtBACH5BAEBAD8ALDQAAwAUABQAAAZqwJ9wSBQKisihgJFsIkMzISnk/ImE

AaFM6hQFosltcUncin+03/knOAZIai1y+3k8kukk/E4kwddIfEMkgE4vVU1Hg3JVDExFNHlNDGRZ

Q5JJH1ZhNIU/H0defYiaVpZxqJObiKqsRY9VQQAh+QQBAQA/ACw1AAMAEgAUAAAGc8CfcEj8MYpI

oWgYSDp/ARLpN3UGokVZVShYQpvJ7U90nYqFMupwOQuFnGnllRhHfgTDmSxNc35+eENTdUlHTXt7

TwwMXmpwa1lIcR8MLzMzP29JiUIvQphxfX0/dYtCAZqESEenTVVSTy9zZmdPtk6sRUEAIfkEAQEA

PwAsNQAEABMAEwAABm/An1D4EAaEs6FyuQyFkEmm8vkjCa0vqdBJ1S4DIZmXeRSDvJ8plTb+vUSB

gPUnHr/iMzGNbf/NZiQke1pzWVV0Xnwfhk96THw/DEZXPyAgIyNDNHNSnEqeQi8vM2BObZGMXKeh

pCGgXoZRq5JuWkEAIfkEAQEAPwAsNAAEABQAEwAABn3An3AoYPxEw9lwyRQwly/m5xkIhYSyJ/EZ

AmmZyGv3O3wwuzKa9/l4GJGBH2hN/jEEAaUVRCObjy8zVjKEdUJGP4NZX4t2UUpyjEMMDFEkiSCN

Q5pTlUtpaiNYjUaIWJ9fUz9KJJdyc2SqM5BCVnWqP3mXeYZMUb1CqpRfQQAh+QQBAQA/ACw0AAMA

EgAUAAAGf8CfcEh8EY/Dz+PHCAR+TiRRRHyGQsfHR/oLgbhU4fP3/XKfY/JINjoKkN4RDfkRNI+g

dvZnf6XVekgMUCQyIGaBQg9LYoVCiUOMRkdzSJJEMiE0I3qQPy8zQyRDNJVJn0Kjo0N6MkODRySO

XVhcPzOrQrW2oTO+tq/Ati+TREEAIfkEAQEAPwAsNQAEABMAEQAABoHAn1Ao+L1ev8BwOfwwkyEh

6fl7UIUhEJVhxDK1TCeSCqL9zNclaP0bnacPhmjMHNmZcZFoNgUL3UNmDwIiPzM/UTI0gEtohIYz

UWdtTySDQ30yMkOMQg9OSySbNIsji2BWQnSbf09WRVSjPyCSRD9cS5usiEy4oSQkWrVLvj9TV0EA

IfkEAQEAPwAsNAADABQAFAAABorAn3D4exCPyCEjyRR+lsNQNPkRCqZE6fFzHQaE2h8oyRCBieOR

OPlCC0fwpNFM+oWH6qNA8AoESHVEeUwBISQyPyM0NHFEVT8CIl+IazSCTkIiZj8ydZaJb2IyVQ+b

QoiUn5xED11Jqo5GrkeUiGEPc0eBMjJjR0ZIqIA/X0iPQjOAgU3MzURQSUEAIfkEAQEAPwAsNAAD

ABQAFAAABpLAn3AoFPwYjBdxyWw6iSJhIDCkMj+/6DPEfDCiIS5TLPwIBK/Zc/SckdYg2Q9L5JJC

bOIItBRRZ2E/NHyCI2xyRFQBIXw0P2yOeWVDIVQkNI5LmJNGiyGIQps0IzRvHwxZP3aCiI6bZV9+

b0OgoURYflZDmUK1ZkYvurWzt2c/SkLEMiTIS6hDJDPST9TVTc9MQQAh+QQBAQA/ACw0AAMAFAAU

AAAGi8CfcEh8vYjI5HA2UyqPv1AIGVB+BMKpE8kYVpUg5IfBeDV/MlkyLPx8fqLfjKRe/9hX7BAE

oiVHbW96UyR3PzQ0gIlhbkRaICMjiD+Sd4VCcVEhfE4yWmOOnEg0bEJHVVJaSHVtZD8BUp2XQmRx

sEMyNKyzP6CwqKu8rSJfQmoywltnW0lQzMzOSEEAIfkEAQEAPwAsNAADABQAEgAABorAn3D4+wgZ

SKKSKFg6h4/h6xf4hYTVJ+P1ms2eWeX0ab2KRT8SKQT60X5tofnICFzVb+JIiQwL90ogcT8MIiJm

cyN7NItmDEpmjItCNDJHAgGZVj8jbYBEUY9dQnEgn5Q/UUJdWSAyp25LXF9WgkqVQ48/o7UglXkk

TqwhZoPBT8NEx7RKRlRkQkEAIfkEAQEAPwAsNAADABQAEwAABo7An3BIfL2ISOLjJ2D8jrMkcul8

RYch6fLnHJKkyI9wRgqApYxoVib7gX60obk4m4VC7fZZaD3T4j9ZQgwvc0MjcD8jfyBfgy+CbyCI

QpRtW0aBQ5OII5Q0ek9JnoqUP3pUYyRfkqSnQ1tCqyR6I29CoZiqeiAgMrdITk5kX4J7XT91d4Kh

Z0eyq3tDyGBBACH5BAEBAD8ALDQAAwAUABIAAAaIwJ9w+HsQBcTk8CMM/GbKqPD1/JFI0qGRiMVm

fwyudyiTvqjQ0I82+oGyYSsWBKLZzcJrdMQvD9FjbT+CIyAyIVuAQ4KDSltPgUltfg9MQjMkam6L

jEICSFY/MqNsQm00RA8CYVBCoyB8b6FCqnFdo0KySYlibm+aWj+WQ3ohIWOpYEkkM81JQQAh/oJU

aGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3RlZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5p

bWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzIGF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cud2VidXRpbGl0aWVzLmNvbSB0byBmaW5kIG91
> [...]
> > prefer).
> >
> > Best wishes,
> >
> > David and Donna Sinclair-Sherratt

> http://messenger.yahoo.com
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: 31 Dec 1999 11:47:06 -0800
> From: "Spirit One Email" <laurel@spiritone.com>
> Subject: Greetings Relayed  to Sinclairs
>
> > Dear Laurel,
> > This is just to wish Niven and the clan all of the very best for 2000
> > Happy New Year
> > Sheila & Wendy
> =====
> This is Wendy J. Sinclair, D.A. Edin., F.S.A. Scot. author of "Saint
> Margaret Queen of Scotland" and Sheila is her mother.
> =========
>
> And to this I add my warmest greetings to all of you "cousins" around the
> world.  Wonder who we will hear from  this coming year??
> Laurel
> Portland, OR

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 15:21:47 EST
> From: GMccul2744@aol.com
> Subject: Cheers !!
>
>  To all Sinclairs the world over , a tip of my Irish coffee & a toast
 may
> the new millennium  bring that which you seek ) !! Glenn McCullough , Pgh.
> Pa.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 15:25:28 EST
> From: Okee730@aol.com
> Subject: Happy New Year 2000
>
> to all of the many cousins, and others......I wish you the best for the
new
> year.  may you and yours have health, Love and Happiness.
>
> I have enjoyed the discussion list. Thanks to those that have made it
> possible.
>
> love to all
> Shirley Sinclair Key
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:19:29 EST
> From: MargieH337@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Millennium
>
> Best Wishes to everyone for the coming New Year 2000! & Thanks for the the
> interesting info that you share.       Marjorie Hamel (granddaughter of a
> Sinclair)
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:56:48 EST
> From: Natrossinc@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Millennium
>
> Hi from Ross Sinclair in Melbourne.NZ and Oz have just done their
millenial
> thing and apparently everything is going OK.The only glitch I found was
> whenever I flush the loo ,the garage door opens.But any way nothing too
> serious has ha----a----

> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 19:35:09 EST
> From: R326McD@aol.com
> Subject: Happy 2000
>
> Dear Friends and Cousins,
>     May I just "second" Neil's message to all of you.  He always says
things
> much better than I.
>     It's been a great experience "meeting" all of you and I wish you the

Year...