new items in the web pages

Here is a brief update on new items in the web pages.

For those of you who are discussing ``Scots wha hae,'' please note that
the entire text of the Burns song, plus Bruce's address to his
captains from Barbour's *The Brus*, is here:
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/battleofbannockburn.html

That's not new, but it's apparently newly of interest.

The new items in the past week are listed below. All of them may be
found by looking under New in
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/

  * Annie Geisler's description of the Battle of Eureka Stockade in
    Australia's Civil War. Her great-great-grandfather Robert Sinclair
    was a gold miner in that area at the time of the uprising.

  * I've added an online HTML archive of the Sinclair Discussion List.
    It lets you look through each thread of discussion separately.

  * John Mcintyre has started a collection of family letters from
    Australia.

  * Sinclair de la Behottiere has provided a list of URLs for ship
    passenger lists.

  * Laurel Fechner has provided a longer list of presidents of the
    U.S. Continental Congress, including President Arthur St. Clair.

Remember: these web pages were never intended to be the only Sinclair
web pages. They are more of an overview that should over time
increasingly use links into other pages elsewhere. Send in URLs for
your own web pages; I will add links to them.

If someone thinks any particular material should be in a web page, the
best thing to do is to send me text for what you think should appear.
For example, if you want your family to have a web page. (Note that
the appearace of such family web pages implies nothing about whether
or not any family or surname is a sept or allied family; that is a
decision for Clan organization people.) Or, even better, put it in
your own web page and send me a link.

Those of you who have sent in material that hasn't appeared in the web
pages yet, don't despair; I'll get to it as time permits.

The vast majority of the material in these web pages has been sent in
by various Sinclairs and others all over the world, many of them
through the Sinclair discussion list,
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html

John S. Quarterman, jsq@mids.org