Different Programing

Last Saturday evening I was surfing the channels when I heard bagpipe music.
I stopped on CNN and listened. I couldn't recognize the number that the pipe
band was playing. Looking closer the members of the pipe band were wearing
black pantaloons and a flat topped hat. Looking closer I noticed that the bag
pipes only had one drone.
After the band finished, the announcer began talking about the number of pipe
bands in Spain and how bag pipes had influenced much of the music of the
area. He went on and stated that the pipes had come to Spain from Eastern
Mediterranean countries. They went on and showed a gentleman playing an
electric bag pipe. (What do you think of that Rory?)

Next seqment was a pretty woman playing a fantastic fiddle. It was Natalie
MacMaster. She finished playing and talked about her childhood in Capr
Breton, where if you didn't play the fiddle you were some type of outcast. It
was an interesting part of this program.
The program went on and they began discussing Afro-Celtic music. Seems they
now believe that Celtic music has roots in the African Nations.
This was an interesting program. I looked at the TV Guide for the name of the
thing and all that was listed for CNN at that time was "Special Programming".

If anyone is interested, there are 2 great CD's on the market for the
Holidays. Celtic Christmas is a collection of Celtic songs for the Holidays.
The other is A Piping Hot Christmas. The spirit of Christmas with rompin'
stompin' pipes playing christmas music. Different but good.
GaryD