Earl of Caithness to stay in House of Lords

Clansfolk will be pleased to hear that our Chief, the Earl of Caithness, has
been elected as one of 75 Hereditary Peers to join 27 already appointed to
stay on in the Interim House of Lords, the British Government's Upper
Chamber, currently undergoing radical reform.  The Earl received a large
number of votes.  The majority of Hereditary Peers, (around 600) who were
entitled to sit will now have to leave the House, ending 600 years of
tradition.  It says something of the high regard in which our Chief is held
by his own, and underlines the good fortune we have that he is our leader.
Viscount Thurso chose not to stand and has been seeking election to the New
Scottish Parliament.

Yours aye

Iain Laird