Re: Sinclair Genealogy Digest Number 11

For our branch of the Sinclair family, I could see only positive aspects
about the centralized files for our genealogical data.  Our branch has one
remaining male Sinclair with no descendants (age 91).  We have documented
only three generations before him.  Our chances of finding a link to prior
generations lies primarily in our ability to find someone that descends from
one of the branches, someone who remains nameless to us.  Someone who may
stumble on to our database one day.

I certainly do not have the time invested that many others do, but if I can
offer a tidbit of information to anyone who has yet to link to my branch, I
am thrilled to do it.  I have yet to find anyone in my branch, aside from
previously known cousins.  The more exposure the better.  I assume that many
of us do not have access to major libraries or genealogical resource centers,
nor the time or funds to finance genealogical expeditions.  Living in a rural
area, such as I do, is not nearly so remote by the use of information posted
on the Internet.  Granted the information needs verification, but it is much
easier to find an original records if you know where to look and what you are
looking for.

Lena, I will be happy to send information on our branch.  How would you like
it?  Fortunately, I have found only rarely does the information flow in one
direction- people willing to take information but not share.  That is the
great thing about this group.  The willingness to share.  So much for my two
cents.                                          Sincerely,  Marilyn

                    Orkney, Western NY