Re: Templar Grand Masters

Dear Laurel & interested Friends,
1.>    Is there a list of the Templar Grandmasters?
I would agree with the previous list which I found on page 477 of "Dungeon,
Fire, and Sword" by John J. Robinson  ISBN 0-87131-657-9  (I might recommend
his other 2 books --"Born In Blood" &"A Pilgrim's Path".  Others might find a
listing on page 131 of "Holy Blood Holy Grail" by Baigent, Leigh, Henry
Lincoln interesting?

 > I have seen references to the Templar organization in modern times.

2.> Is there a history of the Templars after 1400?
Yes, but  after reading about 18  books over the last few years I am not able
to give you  a short answer.  Only  that  lately most deal with the idea of
Prince Henry Sinclair's landing and settlements in North America and the
construction of Rosslyn Chapel..

3.> What is the present day structure of the organization?
I can only relate this question to an organization (which I belong to) from
personal experience.  I would refer you to:  "Highllights of Templar History"
by William Moseley Brown and "The York Rite of Freemasonry -- A History and
Handbook" by Frederick G. Speidel  from  GRAND ENCAMPMENT, KNIGHTS TEMPLAR OF
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA  <http://www.knightstemplar.org> Mailing address
is 5097 North Elston Avenue, Suite 101, Chicago, Illinois 60630-2460  Call
773-777-3300 Fax 773-777-8836   You might find the "Royal Order of Scotland"
another sourse for information.  There are links to their web sites, too.
Hope this helps!
Knightly Regards,
Gerald Bruce Gibbons
Membership Chairman
Grand Commandery,Knights Templar of Michigan
> Laurel

Regards