[Up] [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Wick?

Fjord is something much more special then a bay, an ordinary bay that
is. A fjord is what they have on Island and in Norway, a bay surrounded
on three sides by huge mountains. It is also very deep and narrow. And
of course there's a lack of word in English for it but I believe that
you usually call it a fjord too.

YES! see.....

Swedish entry word
fjord [fj:r_d] fjorden fjordar noun 
lng, smal vik 

English translation

This translation came from the Royal Institute of Technology in
Stockholm and the Swedish board of education.

Best regards 
[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org
[ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html