Re: The Eclipse

It was the same in Southwest Ireland.  The only thing
I can add to Malcolm's observation is that the big
thing on the television news was that all the eye
doctors were swamped with calls from people with eye
damage!  After all the warnings via television,
newspapers and radio!  Incredible!

Penny

---Malcolm Caithness
<sinclairclanchief@girnigoetrust.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> Laurel asked about the eclipse. I was in London,
slightly cloudy, but saw
> the partial eclipse clearly enough. It suddenly
started to get dark and the
> temperature dropped noticeably. I needed the lights
on in the house for a
> period. I then watched it on the Television news
and it was quite
> extraordinary where they saw the total eclipse. How
awesome nature can be
> and it made me feel small and insignificant. In
Cornwall where it went dark
> the automatic street lights came on and the birds
set about roosting for the
> night. They were thoroughly confused! Then the
light came back and life
> returned to 'normal' with man soon thinking and
behaving as though he had
> created everything. The was the biggest surge ever
in this country on the
> National Grid (electricity) afterwards as people
returned to their desks.

> As Laurel says this must have been an even more
amazing event in the past
> and it is no suprise that people thought the end
had come or that it was

sinclair@mids.org
http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html