RE: Sinclairs and the Reay Fencibles

I found the following from the Scottish Military Historical Society web site: http://www.virtual-pc.com/journal/fenc017.htm

The Caithness and Rothesay, or Caithness, Fencibles
1st Battalion
Raised in 1794, by Sir John Sinclair of Ulbster, Bt., embodied at Inverness.
Dressed in Highland uniform, but with trews of Gordon Tartan.
Strength not recorded but, nineteen of the officers averaged six feet in height.
Disbanded at Bruntsfield Links, Edinburgh in 1799.
2nd Battalion
Raised in 1795, by Sir John Sinclair of Ulbster, Bt., embodied at Forfar.
Dressed in Highland uniform, but with trews of Gordon Tartan.
Strength of 1000.
Served in Ireland.
Supplied volunteers to the 72nd and 92nd Highland regiments in 1800.
Disbanded in 1802.

WANDA SINCLAIR
Rexdale, Ontario