Re: list content

Bob,

>	I hae been a subscriber to the Sinclair discussion internet ... and I
>am being overwhelmed with the number of personal messages from one member of
>the list to another member of the list.  The messages may be interesting to
>the individuals but may be of no interest to others.

This is why we now have the digest form of the list, so you can get
one message a day containing all the individual messages that have
been sent in the previous 24 hours.  That way you can easily scan
through and read what you like while ignoring what you don't.
See
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/digest.html

>	Is there anyway a new list can be created covering only items
>directly related to genealogy and keep out the personal gossip.

Yes, we can create a separate genealogy list.  This is an idea that
has come up a number of times.  However, there has not been much support
for it, so we have not yet done it.

No, there's no way to keep out personal gossip short of making it a
moderated list, which would require someone (not me) to volunteer
to be the moderator.

>	Equally, I have tried to contact the USA group several times ... with
>no response.  Does that organization exist?  Or is there another e-mail
>address other than the one shown on the Clans web page?

Several Clan Sinclair Association U.S.A. officers and commissioners
are on this list, so I trust they will respond to your query.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>