Re: video/film documentaries?

At 08:59 25/05/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Greetings to all...
>
>I am not from Sinclair lineage, though the history of your clan is most
>fascinating.  I have only just begun to unravel the various connections
>with the Templars, Masons, Rosslyn Chapel, Prince Henry's New World
>voyage(s), Oak Island, etc.  Each pull of this thread brings in so much
>more to explore.  I am a Mason -- my daughter recently joined Rainbow for
>Girls along with her best friend down the street.  I discovered just last
>week that her friend's grandmother (Eastern Star) is a Sinclair and
>regularly receives the clan newsletter!  I had a very nice discussion with
>her and her husband regarding Prince Henry.
>
>More to the point:  I am considering the possibility of shooting a
>documentary about Prince Henry Sinclair's New World explorations.  I'd
>like to find out if any such work has already been done.  Does anyone
>know?
>
>Please understand that I am not particularly interested in the commercial
>potential of such a film.  I am a college professor in the field of video
>production and media arts.  If I were to attempt this documentary, it
>would be as a sabbatical project in order to maintain professional
>skills.  I really hadn't considered this until after I was well into
>researching the Templars for my own enjoyment.  I was stunned that I'd
>never heard of Prince Henry's voyages before -- this is a huge part of
>North American history that the general public seems to know nothing
>about.
>
>I honestly don't know if I would be able to take on such a project, but I
>can't help thinking about the possibility.  As I mentioned above, I'd
>appreciate any knowledge of existing video or film documentaries about
>Prince Henry Sinclair and related subjects (or even any fictional works).
>I'd also welcome your thoughts as to the creation of such a project.
>
>Regards,
>Michael Petros
>Associate Professor, Media Arts
>Glendale Community College, California, USA

For the attention of Professor Michael Petros.

Yes, a great deal of filming has already taken place.   We have over 90
hours of material
which was shot all the way from the Holy Land to Rhode Island and most
places in between.
We have filmed on land, on sea and from the air.

Currently, there is a film being made by Greystone Films, North Holywood.
Contact Lauren
Herz 818 762 2900 x 239 and, in Canada, you should contact Bob Hutt of
Charing Cross
Films on 902 689 2638.

All my footage is in Canada on N.T.S.C. Betacam and, if your work is purely
for eduactional
purposes, I could authorise your use of the material.

We will also be making 3 x Templar fIlms in this country.

I agree that an important episode in American history should be more widely
known.

Niven Sinclair