Re: testing a new discussion site idea-please read this

Hello Donald, :)

Don't worry - I haven't given up!  Is genealogy something you *can* easily
give up?  :):)

But I do have a question for you!  Andrew Sinclair and Charlotte Calder
have always been listed (by us at least) as having the following children...

Elizabeth (Betsy)?? Nov 57
David 30 Sep 59
George - 16 Jul 61
James 17 may 63
John 16 Apr 65
Andrew (my ggrandfather) 23 May 67
Barbara 21 Jan 70
Charlotte 18 April 72
Donald 4 April 74
Emmie (Amelia) 25 May 76

Now this is what I've always accepted.  However, just recently I obtained a
copy of the 1891 Census and they list Amelia as a GRANDDAUGHTER!!!!  Living
in the house, along with Charlotte and several other strangers, but
Charlotte is listed as a daughter and Amelia as a granddaughter.   Have you
heard this before? Do you have any thoughts on it?  I wondered if perhaps
she really was a granddaughter and the child of Betsy - perhaps outside
marriage? Everything else seems to be right and her age is correct...

Would love to hear your thoughts on this... and if you don't have a copy of
this entry I'd be happy to either scan it and email it or mail you over a
photocopy!

Regards
Margaret :)