"refuse attachment" message

To list ---

Some internet providers and e-mail site servers provide their individual
subscibers with the opportunity to screen incoming mail many ways .

One of the many options is to prohibit mail with attached files or to delete
the attached files automatically .

Often this is to prevent computer virus transmission since e-mail letters are
not
usually contaminated  but attached files can be , even without the senders
knowledge .

To my knowledge , this procedure has nothing to do with " spam " or the
gathering of e-mail addresses by others .

I Hope this short message helps our less computer comfortable members .

JOE G.