Re: George F. Black's Summary on the Sinclair Name

NIVEN ----

I appreciate your response to my posting . I may ???? be descended from the
Wales area Sinclairs ?

At least that is an old Family tradition . At this time , I don't know
whether my William B. Sinclair , his wife , both or neither of them were
WELSH  . However , there is a group of settlers that came from Wales in 1701
and settled where VIRGINIA SINCLAIR and William Sinclair supposedly lived  in
the1800's i.e. the " Welsh Tract" of New Castle County , Delaware , USA  .

WM. Sinclair stated on all the documentation that I have so far found , that
he was from " ENGLAND ". I suppose that would include WALES in the 18th
century terminology ?

I think that he was relatively " high born " since tradition is that he was
disowned for marrying far below his station , to a servant of his family i.e.
his first wife who died in childbirth .

As for the list , we don't seem to discuss the French , English , or Welsh
Sinclairs
all that much and I am as curious about them as about he Scottish branches of
the family .

JOE G.