Re: Donald the Sailor

Ian G. Sinclair wrote:
..... message was intended for John Sinclair...Thanks, Ian, will attempt
to depict lineage as shown within Scottish Notes and Queries June 1898.
 (shown after your message below)

> Subject: Donald the Sailor
> > >I was very interested in the notes about this 'Donald the Sailor'
> > >My understanding of his ancestry is as foloows:
> > >
> > >David Sinclair of Broynach had 2 sons by Janet Ewing -
> > >1. David Born Circa1703  - Died Circa 1760
> > > md Margaret Mackay (?More) 21OCT1744
> > >2. Donald (The sailor) Born Circa1710  - Died 1788
> > > md Catherine Sinclair 30 NOV 1736 (dau John Sinclair of Thrumster)
> > >
> > >This Donald had a family of at least 6 sons and 5 daughters. The > > > >sons were named James,  John  Robert  Henry  Francis and Donald
> > >I am interested in the son John as i believe that my Sinclair line > > >is descended from him, though i am finding difficult to prove.
> > >Do you have any information that might assist me?
> > >...(Minimal FYI available....Donald was shown as having 2 sons)
David of Broynach => David  => James [claimed to be 10th Earl]
 & Janet Ewing                           Line extinct 1788
                  => Donald =>William=>James=>John=>Rev John (b 1839)
                            =>James=>John=>George=>Thomas (M.A. Edin.)

      from...Rev John (b 1839) => John Alexander
                               => William James Ballingall
                               => Margaret Richardson

Happy Hunting !!    John Sinclair